Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Seeing the world we describe

I shared my favorite quote with my colleagues today at our Omaha ODN meeting. The quote is by Joseph Jaworski who wrote Synchronicity the Inner Path of Leadership in which he says, "We do not describe the world we see, we see the world we describe." The context of our conversation at ODN was employee "re-engagement" and the role of OD professionals. I shared this quote because I believe that how we (leaders in organizations) describe the state of the organization, the focus of the organization and the future of the organization is key to how our employees see the organization.

This ties well with the appreciative approach in that in every organization at every moment something is working well. We, as leaders, need to discover that and celebrate that and grow that which is working well.

So on that note...please share with me what is working well in your organization at this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment